C64 Emulation - Würden Sie testen? (Englisch)

Lieber Besucher, Herzlich Willkommen bei: Radio PARALAX - Community Forum. Falls dies ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• C64 Emulation - Würden Sie testen? (Englisch)

Hi everyone - I was hoping one of you here would try the steps I listed for beginners/newbies for emulating a C64 on a PC.

Please let me know if you think I'm missing a step or if something didn't work for you or doesn't make sense. There are 8 steps, but some prerequisites as well. I want this to be as simple as possible for people wanting to try C64 emulation.

Here's the link (has some embedded links in the text so jumping to the link is better than pasting here, probably): c64walkabout.com/2008/12/03/st…ore-64-games-on-a-pc.aspx

Thanks!
    -Robinson

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von RobinsonMason ()

• Seems to be correctly described. Well done!:)

You also could make a reference to CCS64 which is also a very known Emulator with the highest compatibility rate (even runs Emulator protected software like Emu-Fuxx0r 2.0)
    Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
  • I think a normal computer user will understand this. An absolut beginner could have some problems, but should also get it. It also depends on, how many experience a user already has with other emulators. But your how-to article is easy to understand and will be helpful for "VICE-beginners".

Paralax, CCS64 may be the emulator with the highest compatibility, but VICE has much more functions and possibilities. And I never had problems with VICE, only with demos that block the emulator intentionally. But VICE and CCS64 are both good emulators, I think it's also a matter of taste which one somebody prefers.
  • Indeed! I also prefer VICE, even for my show because CCS64 has some lacks and sound crackling when running in a window. And programs like "Emu-Fuxx0r" are really pointless from my view. I just wanted to say it.;)

All known games and demos should also run with the current VICE 2.1 Version as well.:)

However, this refer only to the C64 Emulation. The C16/Plus 4 Emulation is still far away from the nearly perfect Emulation with YAPE.
    Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von PARALAX ()

• Thanks Chainsaw and PARALAX - good input. I have mentioned CCS64 in another post some time back, but in general I stick with VICE.

Now, if only I can figure out how to get VICE or any other C64 emulator to work in Linux, I look forward to doing a similar tutorial for Linux.

I followed the instructions with Vice (?) a few weeks back but was stuck with an error message at the command prompt about missing this file or that.